‘LEARN, GROW, PARTICIPATE, SUCCEED’
Our vision here at LGPS is to create a school community where children maximise their potential to learn, grow as individuals in their own right, positively participate in all aspects of school life and succeed.
Our aim is to create an inclusive school where our shared vision is to foster a climate with an emphasis on fulfilling your potential. We will enable children to develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially within a stimulating, challenging, vibrant and purposeful environment where all are valued. We will promote mutual respect and responsibility to raise the attainment and aspirations of all within the school community, regardless of gender, race, religion or ability.
Our vision will be achieved by:
- ensuring the successful progression from home to school and through each key stage establishing firm foundations for learning
- enabling every child to have an equal opportunity to reach his or her full potential by receiving the best possible education in a safe and stimulating environment
- providing access to a balanced, broad, differentiated and relevant curriculum with clearly defined learning objectives and success criteria
- focussing on the skills of literacy, oracy and numeracy, with confidence and expertise in ICT so that pupils may gain access to the wider curriculum, become independent life-long learners and confident and effective communicators
- developing lively, enquiring, imaginative and creative minds through good quality, stimulating and challenging learning experiences which raise standards through high expectations
- helping children be part of a positive, stimulating learning environment where perseverance is encouraged and it is safe to make mistakes and learn from them.
- helping children develop respect for their physical and mental health, to develop fit, healthy bodies, to acquire a range of physical skills and to foster team spirit within the remit of the Healthy School Initiative
- helping children to develop a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs to promote spiritual awareness with mutual respect and responsibility towards others fostering a sense of belonging and inclusion for all
- helping children appreciate and celebrate human achievements and aspirations
- helping children to develop interests and skills which will enable them to enjoy and make best use of leisure time
- recognising the importance of the role of parents and carers in their child’s education by providing quality home school liaison and promoting partnership between school and community