We are delighted to announce that after the Easter break we will be introducing our new catering partners; Chartwells. This company will be managing and delivering our catering services w2ith the benefit of our existing catering team who are very much part of our school community.
Lunchtime is such an important part of the day and our aim is to make it even more enjoyable by introducing the benefit of more choice, a few new flavours and tasting experiences alongside many of the children’s favourites.
As with any new venture there will be a few changes to the way we currently operate, but all designed with the intention of making the lunchtime experience more enjoyable for children. These are some of the benefits:
- Choice of four meal options each day; including vegetarian
The new system will allow you to
- select your child’s meal choice (this includes children who receive Free School Meals and children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 who receive Universal Infant Free School Meals)
- pay for your child’s meal at the time of booking. Please not that you will be required to pay within two hours of making the booking
- Select a meal for your child which is free from allergens. We will shortly be sending out medical diet forms for you to complete if your child has been diagnosed with an allergy so that you are instantly aware of the allergen free choices available to your child on any particular day
Payment for school meals is currently processed by North Lincolnshire Council. We know how busy life is and in order to make our communications and payment processes seamless, we are making a further change. As from the first day of the Summer Term (Wednesday 20 April) we will be moving all payment and communications to ParentPay from ParentMail. This change will create a ‘one stop shot’ to enable you to complete all transactions by logging in once. As some of you will already know, ParentPay is easy to use and very similar to ParentMail in what it has to offer:
- A communication system for the school to provide you with information as a whole school, particular groups or individuals
- A booking system for parent/teacher consultations
- Parent approvals for educational visits
- A booking system for our Breakfast Club. On our current system you will note that you are only able to book up to and including Friday 01 April. We will be switching over to ParentMail during the Easter break and the new Breakfast Club booking system will be made available during the break. We will confirm the exact date shortly.
- Breakfast Club
- Nursery fees
- Voluntary contributions for educational visits
- Charitable donations
- Sundry items
- Additionally, you will be able to book and pay for your child’s school dinner. Please remember we will be asking your to choose your child’s meal for Free School Meals and Universal Free School meals, even though no payment is required
- ParentPay has the added benefit of allowing you to pay at any PayPoint if you prefer this method rather than paying online, Cash or cheque payments will not be accepted.
Further information together with forms of authority (to use your existing data for the switch to ParentPay) will be sent out very shortly.
We are very confident that these are changes for the better and will provide you and your child/ren with an improved service.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding any of the above points, please do not hesitate to phone or email with your query.