Tuesday 9 February is Safer Internet Day. This year the focus is on ‘An internet we trust: exploring reliability in the online world.’
This year, the UK Safer Internet Centre are attempting to break the official Guinness World Record for ‘Most pledges received for an internet safety campaign in 24 hours’ – and you can take part! To take part, follow the website below between 9:30am on 9 Febraury and 10am on 10 February, make your pledge by writing a statement or drawing a picture.
As always, the UK Safer Internet Centre have put some fantastic resources together to help and support parents and carers in helping their children navigate the online world safely. Please visit the pages below for age appropriate guidance for parents.
Some other resources which you may find helpful in supporting your child online are:
- Advice for parents and carers from Childnet
- Tips, advice and guides for parents and carers from the UK Safer Internet Centre
- Guides on popular apps and games from NetAware
- Reviews and information about games, apps, TV shows and websites from Common Sense Media
- Help on using parental controls and privacy settings from Internet Matters
- Information and reporting of online grooming or abuse from CEOP